Conditions of Carriage
The conditions of carriage relating to the limits of liability of the carrier for death or personal injury and in respect of loss of or damage to baggage are subject to the provisions of Montreal Conventions 1999 and to the Tanzania Civil Aviation Carriage by air regulations 2008.
It is MANDATORY to carry a valid and legal photo identification as it is required by the airport authority and for check-in procedures. General terms and ticket conditions as stated on your ticket are there to protect you and us, please read them carefully. Tickets are not transferable.
Baggage allowance is maximum 15 kg check-in luggage and 5 kg as hand luggage, giving you a total of 20 kg. Infants have no baggage allowance. Kindly note that our planes are small and large luggage will not always fit. We highly recommend you, to travel with soft bags rather than hard cased suitcases.
For excess luggage, we charge 3 USD per kilo for Arusha and Selous routes and 2 USD per kilo for Zanzibar, Pemba and Dar-Es-Salaam routes, subject to load allowance on the flight. Final decision on the admissible maximum load is solely up to the pilot in command.
In case you want a guaranty for the transport of your excess luggage, we recommend you, to buy an extra seat in advance which will give you up to an extra 50 kg of luggage allowance.
ZanAir does not assume liability for any of the following items in or as checked baggage: antiques, artefacts, artwork, books and documents, china, computers and other electronic equipment, computer software, fragile items, furs, heirlooms, keys, liquids, money, orthotics, surgical supports, perishable items, photographic, video and optical equipment, precious metals, stones or jewellery (time pieces), securities and negotiable papers, silverware, samples, unique or irreplaceable items or any other similar valuable items.
ZanAir assumes no liability for articles carried as personal cabin luggage.
Cargo is carried strictly on a capacity basis. ZanAir does not accept any liability for any direct or consequential cost arising from any delays in the carriage, due to any reason whatsoever.
In the event of the cargo being damaged or lost during the carriage, the company’s liability is limited to 20 USD per kg.
Carriage of any live animals is strictly subject to the IATA Carriage of Live Animal regulations. However, ZanAir will make the final decision on any such carriage.
Cancellation & Amendment
Our flight amendment and cancellation policy is specified on the ticket, however if you do not show up for the flight you will be a “NO SHOW” and a 100% cancellation fee will apply. Cancellation notifications and amendment requests are to be made in writing and received during office hours and need to be acknowledged by ZanAir.
Charter flight amendments and/or cancellations: 50% charge if received less than 24 hours in advance of departure and provided plane did not fly. If the plane has flown, 100% cancellation charges will apply.
Tariffs are subject to change without prior notice.
- All ZanAir flights are NON-SMOKING
- Consumption of any personal alcohol on the aircraft is prohibited
- If upon flight departure we feel you are unfit to travel due to intoxication you may be de-boarded. Refunds will not be applicable.
- ZanAir’ aircrafts do not have toilet facilities
ZanAir is not responsible for any direct or consequential costs resulting from any delays to its services; particularly if a delay results in missing a connection to another carrier – domestic or international. ZanAir only guarantees a connection to another flight operated by ZanAir.
ZanAir reserves the right to
- change the type of aircraft without prior notice
- add, delay, modify or cancel the flight schedule or any part there of
- re-schedule connecting flights in a way deemed fit for the safe operations of the aircraft
- overfly any sector or to choose an alte;rnative destination, should it be required for the safety of the aircraft and the passengers on board.
- ZanAir reserves the right to use a single or multiple engine aircraft.
- ZanAir reserves the right to rebook or transfer passenger(s) to other carriers that ZanAir has an agreement with. (Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents, servants and representative of carrier and any other person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servant and representatives.)
ZanAir will not be liable for any consequential cost resulting from any such deviation.
It is our intention to publish and maintain accurate departure and arrival times, however these are not guaranteed, as there are many factors, that can constitute a delay, which are sometimes beyond our control. Passengers that are connecting with other airlines or on our airline should allow adequate connection times.
- Check-in counter opens in Zanzibar, Dar Es Salaam and Pemba 60 minutes before flight departure and closes 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Check-in counter opens in Arusha 90 minutes before flight departure and closes 20 minutes prior to departure.
If you are a group of more than 6 passengers, please report at the airport at least 60 minutes prior to departure. ZanAir operates small light aircraft that require flexible seating. On occasion groups may be split and fly on a different aircraft.
Weight is a vital consideration especially for operations out of game parks and high altitudes airports; sometime passengers may have to be weighed on certain routes. If you weigh more than a 120 kg kindly notify us at the time of booking, we are very discreet about it.
All claims for any event(s) are to be submitted in writing to the company within 7 days from its occurrence. In case of any dispute The Court of Law is Zanzibar.
Airline Safety Equipment
Please leave all our safety equipment such as safety briefing cards, life jackets, breathing apparatuses, medical kits, and unused air sickness bags in the same place you found them.